In April of 2023, MGC published an update to the Total Yeast and Mold User Guide and validation. The new version now incorporates the Grim Reefer Free DNA removal process among other updates.
Here are the key changes to our method in this new version:
- Affects both flower samples and marijuana-infused products (MIPs)
- Includes optional instructions for using Grim Reefer Free DNA Removal Kit to eliminate DNA from dead cells before PCR.
- Updates the Cq to CFU Equation for flower
- Removes the Cq to CFU conversion for MIP samples, and recommends users enrich non-flower samples in TSB and process as pass/fail.
- In jurisdictions where action limits for non-flower samples (MIPS) are 100,000 CFU/g, the Cq/CFU can be used for enumeration. Read more about TYM Enumeration for MIPs here.
Links below to User Guide and Manufacturers Validation:
All of the PathoSEEK User Guides have been updated with instructions for how to use qPCR Master Kit v3 (PN 420201), therefore, to streamline our inventory, qPCR Master Kit v2 (PN 420200) will not be available for purchase after June 30, 2023.
For your reference, the following changes were introduced in June of 2021:
- Flower samples and marijuana-infused products (MIPs) samples both require the use of qPCR Master Kit v3 (SKU 420201)
- The upfront dilution was changed for flower testing to 1g sample and 19 mLs TSB (instead of 1 g sample and 9 mLs previously)
- A heating step was added to the DNA Purification process for MIP samples to aid in complete cell lysis
- This step requires a heat block capable of maintaining 65℃ (Recommended product from VWR)
- Both Flower and MIP Cq to CFU conversion equations have been updated and now require an additional back-calculation to account for the revised upfront dilution
- No new reagents required